Scapegallows is the fictionalised story of margaret catchpole a horse thief who escaped the hangmans noose twice and was eventually transported to australia in 1801 for life if you hale from suffolk uk you will probably be familiar with margaret catchpoles legendary status in ipswich there is a grade 2 listed public house bearing her . Scapegallows definition is one who has narrowly escaped the gallows for his or her crimes. Define scapegallows scapegallows synonyms scapegallows pronunciation scapegallows translation english dictionary definition of scapegallows n 1 a criminal who escapes death by hanging or the gallows 2 a criminal who escapes death by hanging or the gallows. Scapegallows definition noun plural scapegallowses 1 colloquial dated a criminal who has narrowly escaped being hangedorigin scape gallows
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.